• ホーム > 
  • 浅草寺 - Sensoji Temple

浅草寺 - Sensoji Temple

  1955(昭和30)年4月29日、鉄筋コンクリート造りで再建工事中の浅草寺本堂(中央)。浅草寺は関東大震災では奇跡的に被災を免れたが、戦災では主要建物が焼失した。新本堂の手前の小さいお堂は仮本堂。新本堂は3年半後の1958(昭和33)年10月に落慶法要を迎えた。
  現在の浅草寺。1973(昭和48)年までに雷門、宝蔵門(旧仁王門)、五重塔も再建された。戦前は向かって右側にあった五重塔が左側に再建された。左下は伝法院とその庭園。その上は遊園地の「花やしき」。

   Sensoji Temple’s main hall (center) being built with iron and concrete on April 29, 1955. The temple miraculously escaped damage Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923 but its main buildings were destroyed by air raids in World War II. A small hall in front of the main hall is a temporary hall. A ceremony unveiling the new main hall was held in October 1958.
   Sensoji Temple today. Kaminarimon Gate, Hozomon Gate (formerly Niomon Gate) and Five-story Pagoda had been rebuilt by 1973. The pagoda was originally situated on the right before the war but was rebuilt on the left. On the lower left is Dempoin temple and its garden. Just above them is Hanayashiki Amusement Park.